sabato 16 maggio 2009

VNC screen scrambled

Many Apple servers out there are headless. That is particularly true for the ones before the advent of the Xserve with Intel processor.
And quite often, servers are managed remotely using software like the multitude of VNC server (GPL) or Apple Remote Desktop (commercial).

I personally choose Vine Server OSX Vnc to control a couple of Xserve. One with Panther server and the other one with Tiger server. This program has the advantage to handle international keyboard layout over the VNC server self contained in Tiger which can't.

I think I played around with Monitor Preferences because at some point logging into the VNC server presented a screen like this.


For some times I ended up quitting the VNC client and relaunching it again to get a comprehensible image. But that was very annoying.

So I did some internet searches and I found the solution to the problem removing the file
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist
on the server side.

Nessun commento: